Our troupe's Student Director, Catlyn Rain, is certified in General Skills and Teacher Training by FatChanceBellyDance®. Most of our other instructors are also FatChanceBellyDance® certified in General Skills and Teacher Training!
All of our principal troupe members teach! We rotate our class instructors often, so students will have opportunity to learn from different teaching styles instructing the same progressive curriculum.
Classes are structured into an eight-week curriculum which is repeated on an on-going basis. You'll begin in Level 1. Promotion to Level 2 is based on mastery of ATS® dance vocabulary and proficiency with leading and following in group formations. Those with previous ATS® experience can consult with our Student Director on the best place join in our classes too!
Many classes are supported in attendance by Tula Tribe members. We simply love meeting our new dance sisters! We are continually inspired by the evolving dance spirits of our students and are always eager to support them on their dance journeys!
American Tribal Style® is truly iconic – an elegant and fiercely feminine style of improvisational dance. Its magic is not fully realized until you step into a room full of dancers, some of whom may not even speak your language, and find yourself dancing spontaneously together in a universal dialect of dance.
Classes, Performance and Events Calendar
Class Schedule & Fees
Open to ATS Beginners - All Levels
Our regular Tuesday night courses will continue as usual. We have a current sold out class in-session May 28th to July 16th. But, because of popular demand we have added dates to our class schedule for a new summer course!
New course scheduled to begins Tuesday September 17, 2019!
8 Week Course - September 17th to November 5th
(must have 5 enrolled students for course to begin - class size/spots are limited!)
Level 1 course Tuition $80 ($20 Deposit due upon enrollment, $60 due 1st class)
Next regular Tuesday Level One Course is scheduled to begin September 17th. Subscribe to our newsletter below to receive notification of when registration/enrollment opens.
Open to ATS students with have completed the Level 1.0 course
Short 4 Week Series - Tuesday's at 6:00 pm (Next Series begins July 23rd)
This series alternates in between Level 1.0 course and is primarily a drills and practice clinic of movement and formations learned in the Level 1 curriculum.
$15 Drop-In Class
Level One $60 *Six-Class Block
ATS® Dancing In Flow™
Open to All Levels - Beginners very welcomed!
Tuesday, August 20th to Sept 10th (four weeks)
6 p.m. to 7:00 p.m
Admission - $10
May use 1 Block credit to admit
Dancing in Flow™ Designed for all levels of dancers who want some” empty brain time” to dance and either gain introduction to ATS® or simply get the ATS® steps into muscle memory. Find the pure joy and freedom of dancing without instruction or expectation.
Prerequisite – Level 1.2 w/teacher promotion
On-going every Tuesday’s - 7:00 PM till 8:15 PM
$15 Drop-In Class
Level Two $72 *Six-Class Block
*All Class Block purchases expire in 60 days
CASH – CHECKS – CARDS are accepted
Studio Home: Global Education Center - 4822 Charlotte Avenue - Nashville, TN 37209
• Please complete class sign-in & payment as soon as you arrive to class. It is recommended that you arrive for class at least 15 minutes early.
• Any student who has been promoted to Level 2 or Level 3 may attend lower level classes FREE of charge if attended within the same week of your regular class.
• If you are unable to attend your regular level class, you may attend a lower level class but you must pay the drop-in fee or use one of your class block credits
• Advancement to Level 2 or Level 3 classes is by invitation of the Student Director. When you advance to the next level you will receive a certificate of promotion.
• We have ATS® style hip scarfs and finger cymbals (Zils) to lend to our students for use during class.
• Please wear comfortable yoga style pants & tops or dance cholis for our classes. You will want to be able to sit & stretch comfortably on the floor and have freedom of movement during class. Our signature 25 yard skirts are always welcome in our classes!
• Please do not wear athletic shoes during our class. Bare feet, toeless stocking thongs or dance slippers are worn in our style of dance
Class cancellations due to incumbent weather or other emergencies will be posted on Facebook